Profile image for emma2710

Dorchester ladies football club are looking for players! If you are aged 16+ and are interested in joining we train on a weds night at 6:45 at poundbury. please contact me at emmarowlands1@hotmail.co.uk for anymore info

By emma2710 at 13:00 on 19/08/09

Re-post           

• Profile image for emma2710

Dorchester ladies football club are looking for players! If you are aged 16+ and are interested in joining we train on a weds night at 6:45 at poundbury. please contact me at emmarowlands1@hotmail.co.uk for anymore info

By emma2710 at 13:00 on 19/08/09

• Profile image for Cameronmarett

Out of interest Emma, what type of involvement do the ladies team have with the main (if you pardon the phrase) football club?

Is it just using the colours and crest or is there more of a link? As a DTFC STH, I can't say I've heard of the Ladies team before.

By Cameronmarett at 15:00 on 19/08/09

• Profile image for emma2710

hi we dont have much to do with the main football club now days. we used to be involved with the men and we used to be able to play at the stadium but we havent been able to for the past couple of years! considering we are the only womans team in dorchester we dont get much recognition unlike the mens and we have struggled the past few years with sponsorship and players and we have nearly had to fold a couple of times but we have managed to keep going. i think i is a shame that we do not get the recognition we deserve as we are a good team and do well in the league. we now have sponsorship by H and H builders and the george innin dorchester. we would appreciate it if you could put something on your site if possible.

By emma2710 at 11:50 on 21/08/09

• Profile image for rich154uk

good luck for the future with the ladies team. If my partner ever thinks about playing football again then i will send her in your direction. she has a mean shot on her :D  out of interest would you know about any of the mens local teams. like pub or sunday league level as i am fairly new to the area and cannot for the life of me find any team or links.

By rich154uk at 18:45 on 18/04/10

• Profile image for Cameronmarett

Plenty of sunday league teams about, Poundbury, Moreton, Puddletown etc.

Best bet is probably to go onto the Dorchester Town FC forum and ask on there.

By Cameronmarett at 10:40 on 20/04/10

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent