Profile image for Dorch_People

So the Tudor Arcade is getting a revamp! In your opinion where else in Dorchester needs a little TLC?

By Dorch_People at 09:54 on 06/12/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for bluesweetpea

I get the train from Dorchester West most weeks and find the walk to it rather depressing and industrial, maybe they could improve the area, with a more user friendly approach and maybe a cafe?

By bluesweetpea at 11:10 on 06/12/11

• Profile image for Dorch_People

Yes I agree. Dorchester South is getting swept up in the Brewery Development, but no one seems to worry about our West Station.

By Dorch_People at 11:14 on 06/12/11

• Profile image for XAM4EVAX

I agree however, seeing as though the trains from dorchester west run every 2-3 hours, i don't think that first would fork out the cash for a cafe. They won't even give it a ticket office or a self service machine! Saying that, there is a dominos practically built into the station but i spose that's useless if you just want a cuppa on the way to work.

By XAM4EVAX at 23:38 on 09/12/11

• Profile image for XAM4EVAX

The town centre is doing fine and with the new charles street and brewery square developments, i think it will carry on thriving. However, dorchester desperately needs some larger shops similar to currys or halfords. When it comes to well known high-street shops, i think dorchester is trailing behind most other towns. Brewery square is being filled with shops that to be honest no-one really wants, and lets face it, charles street hasn't got anything better yet. So i think that the place that needs the most TLC is places such as the pathetic excuse for a retail park by tesco. If the council extended the town beyond the borders it already has, i think they would find that dorchester would be come the town that it shoud have always been, a large thriving county town.

By XAM4EVAX at 23:46 on 09/12/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent