Profile image for Dorch_People

So the Tudor Arcade is getting a revamp! In your opinion where else in Dorchester needs a little TLC?

By Dorch_People at 09:54 on 06/12/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for bluesweetpea

I get the train from Dorchester West most weeks and find the walk to it rather depressing and industrial, maybe they could improve the area, with a more user friendly approach and maybe a cafe?

By bluesweetpea at 11:10 on 06/12/11

• Profile image for Dorch_People

Yes I agree. Dorchester South is getting swept up in the Brewery Development, but no one seems to worry about our West Station.

By Dorch_People at 11:14 on 06/12/11

• Profile image for XAM4EVAX

I agree however, seeing as though the trains from dorchester west run every 2-3 hours, i don't think that first would fork out the cash for a cafe. They won't even give it a ticket office or a self service machine! Saying that, there is a dominos practically built into the station but i spose that's useless if you just want a cuppa on the way to work.

By XAM4EVAX at 23:38 on 09/12/11

• Profile image for XAM4EVAX

The town centre is doing fine and with the new charles street and brewery square developments, i think it will carry on thriving. However, dorchester desperately needs some larger shops similar to currys or halfords. When it comes to well known high-street shops, i think dorchester is trailing behind most other towns. Brewery square is being filled with shops that to be honest no-one really wants, and lets face it, charles street hasn't got anything better yet. So i think that the place that needs the most TLC is places such as the pathetic excuse for a retail park by tesco. If the council extended the town beyond the borders it already has, i think they would find that dorchester would be come the town that it shoud have always been, a large thriving county town.

By XAM4EVAX at 23:46 on 09/12/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent