Profile image for allyhughes

So I went up to Focus today to buy a replacement light bulb for my bathroom, and I find it closed down! I didn't like the shop but it was the only place in Dorchester I could get my DIY bits and pieces, otherwise you've got to go all the way to Weymouth or Yeovil. The only light at the end of this gloomy story is that one the door there was a notice that said it will be reopening as an Ann Summers Superstore!!!!!

By allyhughes at 20:01 on 14/09/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for The_Poots

Ha Ha Yes this has been a big source of outrage and discussion in Dorchester - I went to the Build Centre next door to Focus and asked them what the deal was, they told me that the owner got so fed up with indecision about what was going to replace Focus that he thought he'd have a little joke. So don't panic, it's not going to be an Ann Summers Superstore! Apparently it won't be another DIY shop either though which leaves us without anywhere to get DIY stuff in Dorchester.

By The_Poots at 11:33 on 16/09/11

• Profile image for Dorch_People

I thought that it must be wrong! That notice is going to get a lot of people knickers in a twist! At least its somewhere else to park at the moment!

By Dorch_People at 16:59 on 26/09/11

• Profile image for saveferris

Where are we suppost to buy our paint, and DIY bits and pieces now?? Dodgsons is great on the high street but hasn't got the same products or obviously the same scale. Surely one of the other big chains can move in a fill the gap?

By saveferris at 16:53 on 27/09/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent